Short Courses, Human Resources Regulations, Law, Part-time Programmes
Personal Data (Privacy) Law and Human Resource Management
17 Nov 2021
7:30 pm - 10:00 pm (Wed)
Mode of Study & Programme Length:
2 Lessons；Total 5 hours (Please refer course dates to below “Programme Content”)
Medium of Instruction:
English supplement with Cantonese
- The course aims at providing learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of Hong Kong Employment Law.
- This course is suitable for administrative and human resources personnel, and those who wish to understand the practices of Hong Kong Employment Law.
Opportunities for Further Studies:
- Professional Certificate in Employment Law in Hong Kong
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the Six Data Protection Principles and exemption;
- Understand the offences and statutory defenses;
- Apply broad-based knowledge and concepts of the Personal Data (Privacy) Law in the area of Human Resource Management;
- Analyze the implication Personal Data (Privacy) company law and related problems in Human Resource Management or in related business environment; and
- Evaluate professional integrity and knowledge on respective liability in relation to the dealing with personal data.
17 ,24 Nov 2021 (Wed)
- Meaning of Personal Data and collection of Personal Data
- Notification requirements on collection of Personal Data
- Accuracy and retention of employment-related Personal Data
- Security measures to protect employment-related Data
- Complying with data access and correction requests
- Employer’s liability for Wrongful Acts or Practices by employees or agents
- Practical consideration on recruitment practices
- Advertising of vacancies and collection of Personal Data from applicants
- Internal records and personal references
- Data access and correction requests
Anyone who is interested in employment law in Hong Kong.
Membership FormMembership Form