Certificate in Criminal Law in Hong Kong
The programme aims at providing learners with the basic knowledge of criminal law in force in Hong Kong. It is designed specifically for the special knowledge of disciplined personnel and those who are interested in learning criminal law.
- The programme has been recognized by the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
- Participants who complete the “Certificate in Criminal Law in Hong Kong” and meet the course requirements will be awarded “Certificate of Completion” by COC and the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Recognize the Hong Kong criminal justice system;
- Grasp the principles of criminal law and criminal justice procedure; and
- Understand the elements of criminal liability and types of crimes including crimes against person, crimes against property and public order, computer-related crimes, and cybercrime.
11,18,25 Jul , 8, 15, 22 Aug(Sun)
- The Rule of Law and the Hong Kong Legal System
- Principle of Criminal Law
- Classification of substantive Criminal Law
- Components of criminal liability
- Procedure of Criminal Justice
- Homicide and non-fatal offences
- Theft and fraud offences
- Sexual and dangerous drugs offences
- Computer-related crimes and cybercrime
Anyone who is interested in criminal law in Hong Kong.