Commercial Law, Certificate and Diploma Programmes, 商業法規, Law, Part-time Programmes
Certificate in Criminal Procedure in Hong Kong
Certificate and Diploma Programmes
24 Oct 2021
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Sun)
Mode of Study & Programme Length:
6 Lessons；Total 18 hours (Please refer course dates to below “Programme Content”)
Medium of Instruction:
English supplement with Cantonese
- The course aims at providing learners with the basic knowledge and understanding of Hong Kong criminal procedure.
- This course is suitable for the front-line disciplined forces personnel, and those who wish to understand the practices of Hong Kong law enforcement agencies.
- It also caters for those who wish to know their personal rights in the course where the law enforcement officials enforce their legal duties.
- It is also suitable for those who intend to apply for the Hong Kong Disciplinary Forces.
- The programme has been recognized by the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
- Participants who complete the “Certificate in Criminal Procedure in Hong Kong” and meet the course requirements will be awarded “Certificate of Completion” by COC and the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- State the roles of the different institutions involved in criminal procedure in Hong Kong; and
- Outline the different stages in the proceedings from the commencement, involving the police and exercise of their varied powers, through bail and trial procedure sentence and appeals.
24 Oct 2021 – 28 Nov 2021
- Powers of law enforcement agencies
- Arrest, detention and seizure
- The Rules and Directions for the Questioning of Suspects and Taking of Statement
- Bail – Police Bail and Court Bail
- Jurisdictions of the Criminal Courts in Hong Kong
- Commencement of Criminal Proceedings
- Committal Proceeding and alternatives to Committals
- Preparation for Trial
- Plea and Plea Bargaining
- Jury and Trial
- Sentencing – Available options, procedures and principles
- Criminal appeals and reviews
Anyone who is interested in criminal procedure in Hong Kong.
Membership FormMembership Form