Certificate in Trade Descriptions Ordinance and Compliance
The course aims at providing learners with signified knowledge of compliance in the contexts of Trade Descriptions Ordinance. It offers an integrated understanding of the regulatory controls of prescribed unfair practices and the enforcement strategies of Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department.
After completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the scope of the major provisions of the Trade Description Ordinance;
- Understand the implication of the major offences prescribed by the Trade Description Ordinance;
- Realize the various defenses available;
- Comprehend the common method of unfair trade practices; and
- Know the enforcement guideline of Customs and consumer redress.
15, 22, 29 Jul 2021
- Realizing False Trade Description – offences with cases studies
- Unfair Trade Practices – offences and case studies
- Misleading Omission
- Aggressive Commercial Practice
- Bait Advertising
- Bait and Switch
- Wrongly Accepting Payment
- Customs enforcement guidelines
- Statutory defenses available to traders – avoidance of liabilities
Anyone who is interested in Trade Descriptions Ordinance and Compliance.