Department of Design and Art, Full-time Programmes
Diploma in Interior Design
01/09/2021 - 31/08/2023
CEF Course Code:
Mode of Study & Programme Length:
Medium of Instruction:
Cantonese (Supplemented with English)
HK$36,900 ($4,100 X 9 installments)
- The first full-time diploma programme in interior design in Hong Kong.
- The teaching team comprises professional designers and experienced academics.
- Equip students with essential knowledge and skills in interior design for further studies and career development.
- Provide students with fundamental knowledge in interior design, helping them to explore their imagination and creativity while gaining practical skills to apply in the digital century
- Prepare students to become effective practitioners in the interior design industry, or to seek further study opportunities
- Equip students with confidence in presentation skills by establishing theoretical and technical competence
- Develop students’ knowledge of interior space planning, use of materials, furniture and lighting in a wide range of commercial and residential projects.
- English Communication for Designer
- Interior Design Theory and Process
- Digital Graphics Representation for Interior
- Materials Application and Detailing
- Computer Aided Design Studio – 2D Drafting Techniques
- Practical Chinese for Designer
- Interior Decoration and Stylistic Studies
- Furniture Appreciation and Application
- Computer Aided Design Studio – 3D Rendering Techniques
- Design Project
- Complete Secondary 6 (New Senior Secondary Curriculum); or
- Complete Secondary 5 (Old Senior Secondary Curriculum) and 1-year relevant programme; or
- Other equivalent qualifications; or
- Mature student aged 21 or above; and
- Pass admission interview*
*Qualified applicants should bring a simple portfolio to the admission interview. The portfolio can include sketchbook, drawings, photos etc.
- The programme has been recognized by Hong Kong Interior Design Association (HKIDA)
- Students under the programme are eligible to apply for HKIDA Student Members
Career Prospects and Further Studies
- Graduates are eligible to gain employment opportunities in a wide range of junior design positions such as assistant interior designer, assistant furniture designer, assistant lighting designer, assistant interior decorator etc.
- Graduates are also eligible to articulate into the “Higher Diploma in Interior Design” programme at COC or other art and design sub-degree programmes provided by local and overseas institutions.