Department of Design and Art, Full-time Programmes
Foundation Diploma in Creative Design
Mode of Study & Programme Length:
One-year Full-time (450 Hours)
Medium of Instruction:
Cantonese Supplemented with English
HK$29,800 ($3,725 X 8 instalments)
The Foundation Diploma in Creative Design is a practical, project-based design programme, which will develop a strong, individual portfolio of creative work and decide future pathway. This foundation programme will prepare students for further study in interior design at YMCACOC.
- Provide students foundation studies of art and design; and
- Prepare students for further study and design career in the design industries.
- Art History and Appreciation
- Creative Drawing and Illustration
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- Fundamentals of Visual Communication
- Process of Design
- Creative Typography
- Understanding of Multimedia Design
- Basic 3D Modelling
- Service Learning Experience Project
- Complete Secondary 5; or
- Complete Certificate or equivalent; or
- Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit; and
- Pass admission interview
- Graduates can articulate to the Diploma in Interior Design offered by YMCA College of Careers or may articulate to other art and design diploma programmes provided by local or overseas institutions.