Professional Diploma in Interior Design
The programme features a wide range of interior design theories, technical skills and knowledge. Students have the opportunity to learn various computer design software and integrate different design elements, such as measuring scale, drawing, design, finding materials, selecting furniture, color theory, lighting application, construction preparation and implementation steps, etc. to sharpen students’ competitiveness for future careers or studies.
- The programme has been recognized by the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
- Participants who complete the “Professional Diploma in Interior Design” and meet the course requirements will be awarded “Certificate of Completion” by COC and the University of Sunderland in Hong Kong(UK)
- Provide students foundation studies of art and design; and
- Prepare students for further study and interior design career in the design industries; and
- Enable students to formulate and communicate their design ideas by using 2D and 3D visual means; and
- Provide students with basic coverage of professional design management knowledge and building system in the interior design industry.
- Art History, Appreciation and Critique
- Design and Aesthetics
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Basic 3D Modelling & Animation Design
- Digital Photography for Design
- Interior Design Fundamental
- Material Exploration
- Furniture Design
- Computer Aided Design for Interiors 1 – AutoCAD
- Computer Aided Design for Interiors 2 – SketchUp & 3D Max
- Hold a Professional Certificate in Design Studies awarded through YMCA COC, or equivalent; OR
- Be aged at least 21 with at least 2 years’ work experience in interior design or related fields.
* Exemption (module 1-5) will be considered if students passed the Professional Certificate in Design Studies awarded in YMCA COC.
**Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
Opportunities for Further Studies at YMCA COC:
- Professional Diploma in Visual Communication