YM Career 360
YM Career 360 Programme aim to identify and nurture new talents by attracting candidates to join the hospitality industry, discovering professional talent and promoting employability for candidates in need.
- Through combining industry component and learning elements, students can learn in the workplace while preparing themselves for degree programme.
- Strong hospitality and tourism network provides a sustainable platform for personal development and career progression.
The workplace training component is one of the major components of the programme, under which industry partner acts as a participating employer of the programme by offering a 2-year employment contract to students. Students are obligated to work for 4-5 days (depending on the contract of agreement between the Industry Partner and the College). Industry partner is responsible for the followings:
- Monthly recommended remuneration to student of not less than HK$10,000; and
- Tuition fee for the Diploma in Hospitality Studies (International Culinary Arts and Specialty Coffee) programme.
Learning component is the other major components of the programme. Participants will be enrolled in the ‘Diploma in Hospitality Studies (International Culinary Arts and Specialty Coffee)’ (Qualifications Framework Level 3), which will be held once a week during the contract period. Students are expected to complete 11 modules throughout the contract period of two years.
After completion, students may apply for the Higher Diploma programme (QF Level 4) at our College or sub-degree programme offered by other local or overseas institutions.
- Practical English in Hospitality
- Practical Putonghua
- Social Media for Business
- Understanding Hospitality Industry
- Customer Service in Hospitality
- Service Learning Experience
Culinary Arts and Coffee Skills
- Foundation to Coffee Skills Training
- Café Operations
- Fundamentals of Culinary Techniques
- Bakery, Pastry and Confectionary Production
- Principles of Catering Industry
- Gastronomy and Innovation
- Complete Secondary 6 (New Senior Secondary Curriculum); or
- Complete Secondary 5 (Old Senior Secondary Curriculum); or
- Complete certificate or other equivalent qualifications; or
- Mature student aged 21 or above; and
- Pass job interview and obtain job offer from the employer; and
- Pass College admission interview.
Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin
Marco Polo Hotels
The Hong Kong Club
The Repulse Bay Hong Kong
Peak Tramways Company, Limited
**in no particular order